- Our Company
- Projects by Product
- duroTUF TPO Curves
- Maintenance Coating of Existing Decks
- Acoustic Mat Pre-Test
- Getting it right - Warm, Green and Stone Ballast Roofs
- Gripset Liquid Membrane Systems
- Efflorescence in Tiling
- APP and SBS torchon membranes
- Use the right single ply membrane
- Torchon Edge Butted 3 Layer Systems
- Maintenance Coating of Existing Decks
- What Sets Rawmat Apart
- Tanking With a Difference
- New Zealand Green Roofs - An Australian Perspective
- Membrane Shrinkage
- Behind the Wall - Waterproofing Protection
- Applicators Only
ABS Uncoupling Systems
ABS UNCOUPLING MAT (Schluter Ditra 25)
ABS Schluter 25 uncoupling mat is a polyethylene membrane with a grid structure of square cavities, each cut back in a dovetail configuration, and an anchoring fleece laminated to its underside.
ABS Schluter 25 uncoupling mat is adhered to the substrate using a PSA Adhesive. The anchoring fleece on the underside of the ABS Schluter 25 uncoupling mat is semi bonded, allowing the mat to be lifted at any stage.
Designed specifically for ceramic tile and dimension stone installations, ABS Schluter 25 uncoupling mat serves as an uncoupling layer, slip layer and vapour management layer that accommodates moisture from beneath the tile covering. ABS Schluter 25 uncoupling mat performs all these functions while still providing adequate support/load distribution for the tile covering.
The New Zealand building standard E2 external moisture determines that tiles can no longer be adhered directly to waterproofing on exterior timber decks.
ABS Schluter 25 uncoupling mat complies with the NZBC E2/AS1 as an alternative solution in Section E2/AS1 184.108.40.206 removable surfaces.
ABS Schluter 25 is included in the duroTUF TPO and Gripset liquid membrane systems BRANZ Appraisal as an accessory.
ADVANTAGES OF ABS SCHLUTER 25
- only 3mm thick, specially designed for tiling over.
- allows the building owner to have a tile and grouted surface finish.
- cracked tiles can very simply be replaced without removing the ABS Schluter 25uncoupling mat.
- isolates the tiles from vibration or seismic movement.
- can be applied directly over green concrete where no membrane system is required and tiled over immediately.
- can be used where several different substrates merge to form a bond breaker system.
- is inert, cannot affect any other products or systems.
- is water resistant.
- has vapour management and release channels in its design.
SCHLUTER DITRA SOUND
ABS Schluter Ditra Sound tiles are made of a heavy polyethylene mat which has an anchoring fleece laminated onto both sides.
ABS Schluter Ditra Sound does not rot, is waterproof and crack bridging. It is resistant to the effects of watery solutions, salts, acids, alkalis, organic solvents, alcohols and oils.
The ABS Schluter Ditra Sound can be directly adhered to the ABS Schluter 25 uncoupling mat with a specified tile adhesive.
We recommend duroTUF TPO Fleece back membrane to be used with the ABS Schluter Ditra Sound system to ensure every element of the system with contribute FIIC test results.
The ABS Schluter 25 uncoupling systems must be installed over smooth finished waterproofing membrane systems. Waterproofing Systems uses duroTUF TPO 1.5mm thick smooth or fleece back and Gripset 2P SBR liquid membrane systems.
If the application is to be installed over alternative systems, check with the supplier with regards to membrane compatibility and warrant conditions.
Waterproofing Systems has a complete set of detailed drawings for the ABS Schluter 25 uncoupling system installed over duroTUF TPO and Gripset 2P systems.
When installed in accordance with the specifications ABS Schluter 25 uncoupling mat has a 15 Year warranty if installed by an approved Waterproofing Systems licenced LBP registered applicator.
Waterproofing Systems can supply a combination warranty which includes the membrane system and ABS Schluter 25 in a single warranty document.
ABS Uncoupling System Manual (1.0MB)
ABS Uncoupling System PSA Adhesive SB data sheet (0.116MB)
ABS Uncoupling System PSA Adhesive SB MSDS (0.94MB)
ABS Uncoupling System PSA Adhesive WB data sheetl (0.115MB)
ABS Uncoupling System PSA Adhesive WB MSDS (0.113MB)